Request: Inclusion of kio-upnp-ms to kde-runtime KIO slaves

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon May 9 23:01:51 BST 2011

Lundi, le 9 mai 2011, à 10:12, Nikhil Marathe a écrit:
> On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
>
> <kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> > * Needed in toplevel CMakeLists.txt so FindHUpnp.cmake is found (might
> > stop people giving it a try):
> > set( CMAKE_MODULE_PATH  ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH} ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}
> > )
>
> FindHUpnp.cmake is already in kdelibs/cmake. So I don't think this is
> required.

Well, this was for the current repo, not for when included in kde-runtime :)
kdelibs does not install FindHUpnp.cmake, so when I ran cmake to test kio-
upnp-ms after I git clone'd the repo cmake complained:
--- 8< ---
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:10 (find_package):
  Could not find module FindHUpnp.cmake or a configuration file for package
  HUpnp.
--- 8< ---
You might have installed FindHUpnp.cmake yourself sometime, or have some env
variable setup properly, that maybe why you did not see that.

> > * As there is no docu yet, this line should be removed in
> > kio_upnp_ms.protocol:
> > DocPath=kioslave/kio_upnp_ms.html
>
> done
>
> > * upnptypes.h better is renamed to upnp-ms-types.h or similar
>
> done

good.

> > * renamed upnptypes.h also would be added to kdelibs, as kde-runtime
> > should not be a compile-time dep. And then ideally merged into
> > kio/udsentry.h, like e.g. the Nepomuk ones are already
>
> How should I approach this? Should I create a separate review request
> for the UDSEntry addition
> later, or should I do it now?

Now, I think, as the kio-slave depends on it when compiled, so it should get
in first, so when people test your merge request for the inclusion of kio-
upns-ms to kde-runtime, they can (well, have to) compile it with the lastest
kdelibs.

> Will this break binary compatibility?

Break binary compatibility of what? If you just add some more entries to the
enum StandardFieldTypes, starting with 29 or whatever the lastest number used
(+1) before UDS_EXTRA is in the list, this should not affect

Or do you mean programs using kio-upnp-ms already (like Amarok?)? Ah, true.
Tricky. Would not work then, okay. So it would stay just a separate header,
with the old enumeration.

> The compile time dependency is only for programs which will treat UPnP
> as special, and not normal kioslave users who use them via the Job
> interface.

Yes, but AFAIK this would be the first header installed from kde-runtime. And
as it is just a header, it should be fine in kdelibs.

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Desktop Summit 2011 - Berlin, Germany - August 6-12th - www.desktopsummit.org