svn -> git transition status ?

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:44:51 BST 2011

Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> writes:

> what's the current status with our svn to git transition ?
> There are still several modules in svn (kdeaccessibility, kdeadmin,
> kdeartwork, kdebindings, kdegames, kdegraphics, kdemultimedia, kdenetwork,
> kdesdk, kdetoys, kdeutils, kdewebdev).

kdeutils: The conversion rules are pretty much finished, PovAddict and I
just need some free time to double-check everything (we're more cautious
than ever after the kdeedu problems).

kdeaccessibility: IIRC, kdeaccessibility is in a similar state, but
jpwhiting has more details.

kdebindings: I think it has migrated, but the 4.6 version is still in
svn (I might be wrong here).

kdegraphics: It has mostly migrated to git; Okular is the only one left
in svn and should migrate soon.

The rest of the modules are at an unknown/early/inexistent migration
state.

> Is it planned to move them also to git ?

Yes.

> Is somebody working on this ? Is there a time plan ?

Usually, the speed of the migration is proportional to the number of
people in the module working on the migration. As people from some
modules have not worked on it yet, migrating these modules depends on
people who are involved in most migrations (PovAddict, for example)
taking some time to write the rules themselves.