svn -> git transition status ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun May 8 16:49:14 BST 2011

Hi,

what's the current status with our svn to git transition ?
There are still several modules in svn (kdeaccessibility, kdeadmin,
kdeartwork, kdebindings, kdegames, kdegraphics, kdemultimedia, kdenetwork,
kdesdk, kdetoys, kdeutils, kdewebdev).

Is it planned to move them also to git ?
Is somebody working on this ? Is there a time plan ?
The situation as it is right now is IMO not very good, some stuff is in svn,
some in git.

Also, could our git-guys please take some time and work on the documentation
on techbase ?
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Git
John and me already did what we can by removing misleading stuff about
gitorious.

Alex