Season of KDE project on speed optimization

aaditya chauhan aadityachauhan1 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 05:20:26 BST 2011

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for considering the idea about Speed Optimisation.
I find the idea of decreasing the start-up time very interesting. We
may achieve this by, reducing the number of dependencies like Markus
mentioned. As of what, I understand we may also reduce the number of
dependencies and may be convert a few Static libraries during start-up
to dynamic libraries that are loaded at runtime, that might help us
shave off a couple of milli-seconds.

I read about Yuvraj Tomar's work on improving KDE start-up time. He
improved the start-up time from 30 seconds to 19 seconds, and thats a
huge improvement, but his work hasn't been released as of yet, so I
assume that, some fine-tuning may be needed to his work, before
integretion. I think we can still work on top of it, and shave off a
few more seconds from start-up time. I am open to more discussion on
this idea and would really be thankful if you could help me improve on
the idea.

Thank you very much Martin Sandsmark for considering mentoring me. It
would be great experience working under/with you. :))))

Cheers,

Aaditya Chauhan