[solid] Docs / API Docs?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed May 4 11:36:26 BST 2011

On Tuesday, May 3, 2011 09:42:30 Georg Grabler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to get tutorials / api docs or similar to solid. First of
> all, http://solid.kde.org looks good, but none of the links works in any way
> for me.
> Secondly, I found
> http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/solid/html/index.html, which does
> not seem to have any proper documentation as well.
>
> Is there any proper ressource with documentation for Solid? I would like to

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials#Hardware_Awareness_.28Solid.29

there are also 8 examples in the kdeexamples git module in the solid/
directory.

> know what exactly solid supports (and what it does not support), to know
> wether I will use udisks over dbus directly or can use solid for some parts
> of the application (I guess solid will work for some parts).

you really don't want to use udisks directly; besides being more of a chore,
it will make your app inherently non-portable to systems that do not have
udisks and will incur a porting effort if/when udisks falls out of fashion as
its predecesors did.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se