[solid] Docs / API Docs?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue May 3 21:39:26 BST 2011

On Tuesday 3 May 2011 09:42:30 Georg Grabler wrote:
> Is there any proper ressource with documentation for Solid?

http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/solid/html/hierarchy.html
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Architecture/KDE4/Solid
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Solid_Tutorials
Also the kdeexamples git repository contains the code for the tutorials.

> I would like to
> know what exactly solid supports (and what it does not support), to know
> wether I will use udisks over dbus directly or can use solid for some parts
> of the application (I guess solid will work for some parts).

It's generally pretty good regarding disks, and we have proper UDisks support
since 4.6. Also we still support the legacy HAL on platforms which don't have
UDisks (BSDs or Solaris). Portability FTW!

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net