GSoC Idea: Create obex KIO plugin

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 07:57:42 BST 2011

Hello,

a lot of (Nokia) phones support obex protocol for file transport between phone and PC. And a lot of Nokia S40 phones support only obex (but support obex over usb, ir, bluetooth). For linux I only found application obexftp which can be used to transfer files to/from phone. Obexftp are using openobex library. My idea is to write new KIO slave plugin which will be use opneobex library for listing directories, sending/receiving files between phone and PC. Then all KDE apps supporting KIO (konqueror, dolphin, open/save dialogs in Kate, ...) can browse phone file(s).

I think that KDE had/has obex kio plugin but only for bluetooth. My idea is to support usb and ir too.

What are you say on my idea?

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com