Review of the branch plasma/declarative in kdelibs

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:05:39 BST 2011

On Tuesday 22 February 2011, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Marco Martin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > in kdelibs there is since some time a branch called plasma/declarative
> > that contains a new little library, that depends at the moment on kdecore
> > and kdeui (probably is possible to make it depend only from kdecore) that
> > is meant to be used in QML applications.
> > see http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-mobile/2011-January/000301.html
> > there is still quite a bit of work to be done on it (mostly integrating a
> > bit of similar work that has been previously done in kdepim) and i plan
> > to look into it shortly.
> >
> > The target is to have it in experimental/ in kdelibs for 4.7, so I want
> > to ask for a review period for a subsequent merge.
>
> I don't know anything about the code technically (looks complex) but a lot
> of it uses the wrong licence.

Hi all,
an update on this issue,
I had got permission from the authors to relicense under the LGPL all the
files that were GPL.

If there are not significant issues, i would like to move this into master, in
the experimental folder, meaning changes will still be possible until it exits
from that folder.

Cheers,
Marco Martin