4.6 branches created in git again

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Sun Mar 20 14:59:55 GMT 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 10:09, Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> On Sunday 20 March 2011 14:38:40 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> Can you please be careful and do not create incorrectly 4.6 branches in
>> places where the branch is called KDE/4.6 (e.g kdelibs and kde-runtime)
>>
>> Ian can you kill them?
>
> Maybe we can go through with renaming the branches to n.m (without KDE/)
> prefix?

I think keeping the prefix is the superior option. For kdelibs,
kderuntime, kdeworkspace, etc. it really doesn't make any difference,
but for something like, say, Konsole the difference is important. If
one sees a branch named "4.6" in the Konsole repository, one is likely
to assume that it represents Konsole 4.6, when in fact it represents
Konsole 2.6 which is part of KDE SC 4.6. Keeping the "KDE/" prefix
helps clarify this.

Parker