OpenPrinting Summit - Print Dialog and Colour Management

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Mar 17 15:42:23 GMT 2011

Am 17.03.11, 12:17 -0000 schrieb John Layt:
> On Thursday 17 Mar 2011 11:36:08 Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>> I hope Hal V. Engel from OpenICC, who comes with many experience in
>> printing, will join the OpenPrinting meetings. He lives only some miles
>> away from the location.
>
> Yes, I believe Hal will be there, in fact I've been talking to him about the
> Qt version of the dialog.
>
>> We think already since quite some time how to converge for CMS settings.
>> Graeme Gill, the author of a pre dominant cross platform CMS, has
>> signaled high interesst for ArgyllCMS in such a standard, and we both
>> agreed to give that some meaning during this year. We feel settings in
>> one UI should not get irrational lost after switching to an other
>> standard supporting CMS.
>
> That's good to hear, hopefully you work something out that colord uses as

The author is as well on OpenICC and can simply comment on he data base
fundamentials and structure, as he did in the past.

> well, I'd hate to see/implement/support integration code for every different
> CMS :-)

At least Oyranos targets verbaly at cross platform, if thats of relevance
for osX and Windows.

The Oyranos library API is basic C. ArgyllCMS comes with pure CLI
and colord with only DBus. Not sure what you exactly expect out of this
mixed concepts for code integration. At least there are two C APIs.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management