Future of KSysguard - removing remote monitoring

Tobias König tokoe at kde.org
Tue Mar 8 17:54:29 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 14:15:33 John Tapsell wrote:
> Hi all,
Hej John,

>   So unless anyone can talk me out of it now, I am going to remove the
> ability to monitor remote hosts entirely, and to use one of the many
> excellent cross-platform debugged libraries that already exist to
> gather system information.
Can you write a blog entry about it, please? I guess most users of ksysguard
(especially in admin area) do not read this mailing list.

Please remember that remote monitoring is one of the unique feature that no
other desktop monitoring tool supports, so maybe we can keep it as an
additional add-on?

Ciao,
Tobias