Git Commit Template

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri Mar 4 16:19:36 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 03:58:59PM +0000, John Layt wrote:
> 1) What projects?  Just the core ones for now, or all of them?

all

> 2) Do we set .git/config by default to point to it, or leave it to the user to
> config?  I prefer the former.

you can't. the config is not cloned.

> # ===[ Subject ]=======================================================|
> # ---[ One line only, short meaningful description to show in logs ]---|
> # ---[ One line only, short meaningful description to show in logs ]---|

duplicated line

> <module>:

i find that useless - the subjects in the commit mails are augmented by
this information anyway (by adding the common root), and every automated
changelog generator could do the same. for history browsing, you are
either looking at the interesting directory only anyway, or you can use
--stat.

> # ---[ Add Feature to release changelog ]
> # ---[ Optionally close a wish in bugs.kde.org as implemented ]
> #FEATURE: <optional bug number>
> #
> # ---[ Close a bug in bugs.kde.org as fixed, with optional version ]
> #BUG: <bug number>

> #FIXED-IN: <release version>

should apply to FEATURE likewise.