Git Commit Template

John Layt john at layt.net
Fri Mar 4 15:58:59 GMT 2011

Hi,

Below is one final draft of the Commit Template.  If no-one objects I will ask
the sysadmins to add it to the necessary repositories

In summary each repo/project will have its own copy in their root folder
allowing for project customisations if needed.

Outstanding issues:
1) What projects?  Just the core ones for now, or all of them?
2) Do we set .git/config by default to point to it, or leave it to the user to
config?  I prefer the former.

Cheers!

John.

# ---[ You MUST wrap all lines at 72 characters ]----------------------|
#
# ---[ Please see http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Commit_Policy ]-----|
#
# ===[ Subject ]=======================================================|
# ---[ One line only, short meaningful description to show in logs ]---|
# ---[ One line only, short meaningful description to show in logs ]---|
<module>:
# ---[ Leave following line blank, do NOT remove ]---------------------|

# ===[ Details ]=======================================================|
# ---[ Describe what has changed and explain why it has changed ]------|

# ===[ Fields ]========================================================|
# ---[ Uncomment and edit as applicable ]------------------------------|

# ---[ Add Feature to release changelog ]
# ---[ Optionally close a wish in bugs.kde.org as implemented ]
#FEATURE: <optional bug number>
#
# ---[ Close a bug in bugs.kde.org as fixed, with optional version ]
#BUG: <bug number>
#FIXED-IN: <release version>
#
# ---[ Copy commit message to a bug in bugs.kde.org ]
#CCBUG: <bug number>
#
# ---[ Copy commit message to an email address ]
#CCMAIL: <email>
#
# ---[ Close a review in reviewboard.kde.org as submitted ]
#REVIEW: <review number>
#
# ---[ Advise documentation team of user visible changes in the gui ]
#GUI:
#
# ---[ Advise Commit Digest team of something interesting ]
#DIGEST:
#