Intended organization of KDE Frameworks

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jun 28 17:27:35 BST 2011

On Monday, June 27, 2011 22:18:08 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Localization is not only about user visible texts, It is also about
> > kconfig having per language keys, it is about kstandarddirs::locate
> > being able to find localized icons, etc.
>
> I hear you, but by the definition of Tier 1 none of this can be used in
> Tier 1 frameworks because "Tier 1 frameworks depend only on Qt itself
> and no other Qt based framework".

other possibilities include:

* approving a "tier 1 dep exception" for localization; this was discussed at
Platform 11 as possible, though probably not preferable to:

* improving localization in Qt5 and merging in the best bits of KDE in this
regard there

there is alread some work going on for his which started at Platform 11. i
don't know what the current status of it is and how many of the localization
bits will land in Qt5, but this would be, imho at least, the best possible
result.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se