Intended organization of KDE Frameworks

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jun 7 09:21:42 BST 2011

On Tuesday, June 7, 2011 08:39:58 Inge Wallin wrote:
> So a well defined API that applications could use, and a well isolated way
> to include a set of implementations would be nice.  We are dealing with

the best way to make this happen is to create a concrete plan and propose it.

for inspiration: at Platform 11, a couple of teams spent entire days going
through every single class in kdelibs and entry in kde-runtime to catalog what
is what. the results are on spreadsheets:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhQ1BhQL6D9wdGpvOHN0N0xRZVBGU1c3ZmdiaXZORUE&hl=en_US&authkey=CKTcjdgP
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am2uzNh0KAtpdFVaRkMtMXZEcC00MEE0dzhrbWV2Nnc&hl=en_US&authkey=CI_3zNMC

these were then used to build up answers that are workable and make some
sense.

it's work, but necessary work to turn a good ambition such as yours into a
reality. we'll have a fair amount of time to do the actual work after 4.7
branches, but we need to have concrete plans so we know what we are trying to
do.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se