QComboBox vs KConfigDialogManager

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jun 1 06:13:43 BST 2011

On Tuesday, May 31, 2011 21:55:59 Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> 1) Check if the widget has a kcfg_property is set on the widget.  If so, use
> that property's value as the property to record.
> 2) Check if the widget has a User property to save (This was not set in
> QComboBox in 4.7 but is set in 4.8 to the currentIndex property)
> 3) Try casting to a combobox and use the current text if the combobox is
> editable, otherwise use the currentIndex
>
> Anyone here can guess where the problem lies?

erf!

> a) change all our .ui files KComboBox, QComboBox widgets to have
> kcfg_property set if we want to save the currentText as the value of the
> config item.

this doesn't sound like a great solution since it means not only a lot of work
and testing in our own repos (with a high risk of missing something), but it
will affect all third parties as well (which we can't guarantee will notice or
provide a fix on their own). a fix, even if it is a (well documented with
comments ;) work-around, in KConfigDialogManager would probably be more
valuable as a result.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se