My Plans, Your Plans: Berlin Desktop Summit

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Fri Jul 29 23:47:35 BST 2011

On Wednesday 27 Jul 2011 14:40:11 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> i'm VERY interested in what you are hoping and planning for from your own
> attendance at BDS. please share those goals so that we can all arrive more
> mentally prepared for what is in store.

1) Catch up on everything I'm behind on due to being mostly offline the last 6
weeks :-)  Apologies if people have been waiting for responses, I will get to
them.

2) Do a status check on the Qt5 work we need done, especially the locale and
date/time work.

3) Work out the design for Qt5 time zones with people who actually understand
these things

4) Nag people about git: policies, workflow, documentation, etc.

5) Carry on reviewing/rewriting the TechBase Getting Started articles.

6) Sketch out the plan for the new printing module in Qt 5.1, talk again to
the OpenPrinting guys to guage if recent developments around CPD are good or
bad (x-desktop)

7) Facilitate discussions on colour management (x-desktop)

8) Find Gnome people interested in a shared holidays file format (x-desktop)

9) Find the GeoClue people to discuss what's going on (x-desktop)

10) Discuss the "infrastructure collaboration problem" (x-desktop)

11) Get my butt kicked at volleyball/soccer :-)

12) Sleep?  Nah...

John.