KF5 & Qt5 - QtCS Session

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Jul 28 15:25:38 BST 2011

Hi,

> A draft list was made of some areas for focus with names drafted in against
> them:
> * KJob - Qt-Addon for 5.1

Is the lack of manpower the reason or something else it is not planned
against 5.0 ? I have made some simple modifications in our project
where it is now KDE dependency free.

> This is by no means complete yet so please suggest other areas and names.

How about these classes ?
http://api.kde.org/4.5-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/classKArchive.html

There have been many times that I have experience the need for
archiving operations inside Qt framework, in various pure Qt projects.
This has also been the feedback from more friends about their
projects. Here you can find an example in this thread:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=130762214616848&w=2.

It currently requires more things to port prior to getting it work. It
uses KSaveFile for atomic file operation and some dependencies from
kde_file.h and kde_file_win.h. The subclasses of KArchive also use the
KFilterDev class internally and KMimeType. As we can see, mimetypes
are on the way, at least it is in your list. ;-) I have been trying to
experiment with them in our pure Qt codebase for a while, and there is
some progress.

It might be that, it is a bit late. Unfortunately, I have just only
now found the time to answer. I am not sure about the legal part of
kde codebase reuse, but let me know if there is anything i can do to
help.

Thank you in advance! :)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp