My Plans, Your Plans: Berlin Desktop Summit

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jul 27 23:41:13 BST 2011

On Wednesday, July 27, 2011 15:40:11 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> so .. here are my primary goals:
[...]

One of my goals is to take steps to make the release team more scalable, and
reduce its bus numbers. While we really bring out a lot of release, and nearly
all of them in time as planned, I think we need to work on two things:

* Make Dirk and me replacable -- we have no plans to stop with release team
  duties, but since it's such a critical task, and ever getting bigger, we
  need more people we can fall back onto.

* The Git migration wasn't exactly a walk in the park, there was lots of last-
  minute futzing, not everything was clear and I think we put more work than
  necessary onto various downstreams by changing layout of our tarballs

I think overall we're doing pretty well, just that we can do better here and
there.

> * have an enjoyable time with everyone who shows up :)

...and that. :)
--
sebas