CDash of kdelibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jul 21 20:44:48 BST 2011

On Thursday 21 July 2011, Volker Krause wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 July 2011 21:51:43 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Dave, if you find some time, could you please have a look at the issue
> > here, whether it behaves as it should with using CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS ? A
> > link to a dashboard before and the new one with the launchers are below.

> > > Whatever you did two days ago it made things worse IMHO. There is the
> >
> > I wouldn't say it got worse.
> > Here you see the compile commands and I actually didn't see an occasion
> > where warnings for multiple files were mixed into one entry:
> > http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=210655
> > You also see the command which was invoked
> > Not quite sure why it considers
> > "Generating parts.moc" a warning. Adding this to the exceptions regexp
> > should help here.
>
> I think we need a more general solution for that. If you look at e.g. the
> Akonadi build, you'll see it consideres an entire generated file as
> "warning".
>
> > The number of warnings changed from 2400 to 300, this seems a bit much.
> > Here is the "old" build:
> > http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=209926
>
> Since it seems to combine all warnings for a file now, I think those
> numbers are plausible. Ie. the 300 is the number of files with warnings,
> not the total amount of warnings anymore. No idea if that's intentional or
> desired though.

300 is a lot, too much to keep an eye on.
Are there warnings which we want to have enabled, but we don't want to see
them on the dashboard ?
Probably for all moc and lex files, so we should add exceptions for those.
What about all the 'Ksomething' is deprecated warnings ?
And the lots of warnings:
'virtual bool KFoo::doSomething(...)' was hidden
by 'virtual ..."  ? Do we want to see them there ?