CDash of kdelibs

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Jul 21 07:56:15 BST 2011

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 21:51:43 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dave, if you find some time, could you please have a look at the issue here,
> whether it behaves as it should with using CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS ?
> A link to a dashboard before and the new one with the launchers are below.
>
> On Wednesday 20 July 2011, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > >
> > > well, something inbetween I guess, manual ctest calls but not using the
> > > script in quality.

> > > That didn't exist back when I set up this build (it's running for more
> > > than 1.5 years now) I think :)
> >
> > Whatever you did two days ago it made things worse IMHO. There is the
>
> I wouldn't say it got worse.
> Here you see the compile commands and I actually didn't see an occasion
> where warnings for multiple files were mixed into one entry:
> http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=210655
> You also see the command which was invoked
> Not quite sure why it considers
> "Generating parts.moc" a warning. Adding this to the exceptions regexp
> should help here.

I think we need a more general solution for that. If you look at e.g. the
Akonadi build, you'll see it consideres an entire generated file as "warning".

> The number of warnings changed from 2400 to 300, this seems a bit much.
> Here is the "old" build:
> http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=209926

Since it seems to combine all warnings for a file now, I think those numbers
are plausible. Ie. the 300 is the number of files with warnings, not the total
amount of warnings anymore. No idea if that's intentional or desired though.

regards
Volker