CDash of kdelibs

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Jul 20 20:51:43 BST 2011

Hi,

Dave, if you find some time, could you please have a look at the issue here,
whether it behaves as it should with using CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS ?
A link to a dashboard before and the new one with the launchers are below.

On Wednesday 20 July 2011, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 19. Juli 2011, 09:03:17 schrieb Volker Krause:
> > On Monday 18 July 2011 21:21:36 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Volker, are you still doing "make Nightly" ?
> >
> > well, something inbetween I guess, manual ctest calls but not using the
> > script in quality.
> >
> > > If so, this is quite limited and has a bootstrapping problem.
> > > Did you consider using the ctest scripts in svn in quality/ ?
> >
> > That didn't exist back when I set up this build (it's running for more
> > than 1.5 years now) I think :)
>
> Whatever you did two days ago it made things worse IMHO. There is the

I wouldn't say it got worse.
Here you see the compile commands and I actually didn't see an occasion where
warnings for multiple files were mixed into one entry:
http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=210655
You also see the command which was invoked
Not quite sure why it considers
"Generating parts.moc" a warning. Adding this to the exceptions regexp should
help here.
The number of warnings changed from 2400 to 300, this seems a bit much.
Here is the "old" build:
http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=209926

I think there is some size limit for the submission to cdash (which is IIRC
configurable). Maybe with the new format it is more data and so stuff has been
cut ?

Alex