CDash of kdelibs

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Wed Jul 20 07:39:34 BST 2011

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 08:29:16 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 19. Juli 2011, 09:03:17 schrieb Volker Krause:
> > On Monday 18 July 2011 21:21:36 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Volker, are you still doing "make Nightly" ?
> >
> > well, something inbetween I guess, manual ctest calls but not using the
> > script in quality.
> >
> > > If so, this is quite limited and has a bootstrapping problem.
> > > Did you consider using the ctest scripts in svn in quality/ ?
> >
> > That didn't exist back when I set up this build (it's running for more
> > than
> > 1.5 years now) I think :)
>
> Whatever you did two days ago it made things worse IMHO. There is the output
> format Alex wanted but many warnings seem to got lost, some entries contain
> text but no warning, others contain 2 warnings at once. So something is
> screwed there.

yes, I noticed this as well. The only thing I changed was enabling
CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS, which is also what Alex' script does. Apart from that I
only fixed the updating of two kdepim repos that was stuck since quite some
time.

Maybe ctest gets confused by the mixed output of a heavily parallel build, but
isn't CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS supposed to fix exactly that?

regards
Volker