Kontact Touch went 2nd place in Contest, one N900 to be given away

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 18 10:45:14 BST 2011

Dear Fellow KDE People,

Kontact Touch - an application build on top of KDE Platform 4 - has won
the second place in the contest of porting applications to MeeGo!

http://blog.karlitschek.de/2011/06/we-have-qtest-mobile-app-port-contest.html
http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Touch

The reward for being second place is an N900 smartphone.

The initial version of Kontact Touch has been put together
as part of a commercial contract by a team with members of
the companies KDAB, G10code, Apliki and Intevation
between October 2009 and Januar 2011. See
http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Touch/About

But we are standing on the giant shoulders of the KDE Platform
and the great community that is called KDE!

Kontact Touch is an email and groupware client with literary
more than a thousand features! Working nicely as Kolab and crypto client.
It shows how easily great applications are created with KDE and Qt technology.
Kontact Touch is based on the new generation KDEPIM technology, which has
gone mainstream with the KDEPIM 4.6 release this June.

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.6.4.php

Hey, what about that 'N900' device?
Who gets it?
Maybe you!

We - the mentioned team - want to give this smartphone
to a person from our fellow community.
Please send suggestions and applications to

  n900-kontact-touch-2011 at intevation.de

until the 8th of August!
We try to decide within a week and shipment will happen then,
given the device has reached us meanwhile.
Include why the person you are suggesting - may it be yourself
or someone else - should get the device.

Here are some criteria we will use:
It would be nice to see the device being used,
Kontact Touch also being used and progressed as much as possible,
may that be development, promoting, documentation, assisting other people
or anything else that helps Kontact Touch, its underlying KDE stack
and our community!

Best Regards,
  Bernhard
--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member