Initial support for kde_projects.xml in kdesrc-build

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 31 22:48:38 GMT 2011

On Sunday, January 30, 2011, Michael Pyne wrote:
> Like I said, "xml-support" branch on kdesrc-build git. If you want to give

_very_ cool. will the good news today never end? ;)

serious question: once this is stabilized, can we make this the default
recommended way of building KDE from git on techbase?

pros that i can think of:

* it would mean that we could cannibalize the docs for kdesrc-build for those
pages on techbase
* it would be a lot simpler to document than the current 7 headed hydra
monster pages we have now :)

cons:

* it means encouraging people to get and learn one more tool to get involved
with KDE

that still seems easier than the current recommended practices, and so i
expect it to be a win rather than a net loss.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se