anongit.kde.org now updating instantly && sorry

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Mon Jan 31 20:46:35 GMT 2011

Hi All,

An apology is in place. I blamed all you guys for cloning from the wrong server in below mails, but in fact it looks like a problem on our side with the way we updated the anongit mirrors. We have changed it now.

Old situation: anongit was pulling the changes every 5 minutes. which actually took 6 minutes to complete, hence the increase in load. Especially when people were pushing, which made the negative loop accelerate.

New situation: the commits are now instantly pushed to the anongit mirrors. This means that whenever you push, the anongit mirrors directly have that change. No 5 minutes delay anymore. Unless a connectivity problem arises, but that will be corrected after 20 minutes or so.

Again, sorry for blaming you guys. Instead I can now say: bring it on :)

Best,

Toma
Sysadmin team