kdelibs, kdebase moving to Git this Saturday

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Sat Jan 29 13:56:33 GMT 2011

On Saturday 29 January 2011 13:16:32 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I disagree, wallpapers *are* part of the history, if i want to go abck to
> 4.5 and install kdebase i want to get what we had, not something less
> because that new shiny tool we have is not able to cope with wallpapers.

I don't know how much work that is, but if possible, only the default
wallpaper should always be in the repository (including those of kdm, ksplash,
or whereever they appear). What the user can select later from, is totally
uninteresting in kdebase; they could be moved (including history) to the
artwork addon package, where "extra" wallpapers live anyway.

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)