kdelibs, kdebase moving to Git this Saturday

Nicolas Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 19:13:31 GMT 2011

Ian Monroe wrote:
> For up to one week if someone finds a major problem in the history a
> re-push will be considered. After that we'll just live with it.
>
> ...but far better would be for any problem to be found now. Please
> note that the repo names are not the final ones (they will be konsole,
> kde-baseapps, kde-workspace, kde-runtime, kdelibs).
>
> git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/nalvarez/kdelibs-convtest
> git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/ianmonroe/kdebase-apps
> git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/ianmonroe/kdebase-runtime
> git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/ianmonroe/kdebase-workspace
> git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/ianmonroe/konsole

The kdebase-runtime repository is currently 260MB, and kdebase-workspace
is 300MB. Apparently it's because of wallpapers and icons, either in the
current revision or in the past.

Removing wallpapers from kdebase-workspace would bring it down to 190MB
(100MB less). I haven't yet tested kdebase-runtime.

What do you all think of removing wallpapers from these git repositories?
We could put them in a separate git repository, or even keep them in SVN.

--
Nicolas