System maintainance this weekend.

Tom Albers toma at kde.org
Fri Jan 28 15:12:51 GMT 2011

Hi All,

Besides this migration we have also received notice that a couple of our servers will be down on Saturday:

jamaica (which hosts www.kde.org and a dozen more sites, not dot.kde.org, forum.kde.org or planet) will be without power between 08:00 and 17:00 CET. The Oslo data center will be without power.  I will try to move www.kde.org to another box, but due to the short notice from our hoster, it is uncertain we will manage to do this in time. This could also cause an occasional longer delay in DNS resolving.

fry (anongit1, projects, gitweb, commits, and notes) will be down between 14.30 and 16:30 UTC, due to a hardware upgrade.

Both are announced just today. It is a bit unfortunate that this is at the same day as the kdelibs/kdebase move to git. On the other hand, lets get it all over with, so everyone can resume quickly with the really important things: continue to make KDE rock.

Progress of all 3 can be monitored closely on the #kde-sysadmin channel. You are welcome there, but I would like to ask to be quiet in there when you see that we are all busy on a particular subject.

Best,
--
Tom Albers
KDE Sysadmin