Usefulness of Subject-header of git commit mails

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sun Jan 23 22:27:41 GMT 2011

> @sysadmins: would it be possible to change the format for some repos or is
> this not possible? I.e. leave the decision to the project maintainers?

Would you be OK with this hybrid format that we discussed a few
days ago:

* branch only shown if != master.

If we could agree on a hybrid, IMHO that'd be a better solution
than having different formats in play. It's technically possible
to make it configurable, but people who subscribe to multiple
repositories with different formats might get irked by it, it
might make writing filter rules for some more complex, etc.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein