RESOLVED vs CLOSED

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sun Jan 16 00:07:02 GMT 2011

On Saturday 15 Jan 2011 17:30:15 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Hugo Pereira Da Costa
>
> <hugo at oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
> > Should I go through all of them and CLOSE them ? Or just the ones that
> > are only FIXED, or INVALID, or UPSTREAM ?
>
> According to https://bugs.kde.org/page.cgi?id=fields.html it's mostly
> QA-related. As we don't have a policy for this, RESOLVED is usually
> just fine.

If you want to follow what that page says, but ignore the QA stuff, it should
be RESOLVED until a fixed version of the code is released, then CLOSED.

eg: if you fix a bug in 4.6.0 in time for 4.6.1, say, then it should be
RESOLVED until 4.6.1 is released, then marked as CLOSED.

But that's only if you're being really fussy.

Alex