system-settings color change vs Qt (non-kde) apps

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:00:42 GMT 2011

Am Tuesday 04 January 2011 schrieb Hugo Pereira Da Costa:
> there, then the above gets fixed. I believe however that this is not quite
> acceptable, since obviously reparseConfiguration would be called twice for
> kde apps (correct ?).
yes -> just don't if qApp inherits KApplication...

> So. Does anyone have advice/insight on what we can do about it ? e.g.:
Nothing from "just" KDE side.
Either Qt adds support through desktop awareness (but some apps like Opera may
not be pleased by auto color juggling ;-) or KStyle implements this (since you
need a hook in the QApplication, ie. a plugin, ie. the style - but rather a
layer below oxygen ;-)

Thomas