Git Scratch-Pads for every identity.kde.org account (not only developers)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Jan 1 23:21:47 GMT 2011

Eike Hein, 02.01.2011:
> On 1/1/2011 11:37 PM, Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Sorry but how is this related to my proposal? I didn't ask for "give
> > developer access to anyone", but only for *scratchpad* repos for
> > everyone. There is a huge difference here, don't you see that?
>
> You asked a question about how the KDE contribution process
> worked in the SVN times, specifically if it was "also this
> way before" (see the part of your mail I quoted). By de-
> scribing what developer access entails and what the barriers
> to getting it are I'm answering your question: Yes, it was
> this way before also, because there was no class of "just
> upload whatever you want" access in the above.
>
> The paragraph on gaining access to place entirely new
> works in playground even without naming a supporter is
> as close to your proposal as it got/gets.
>
> > I think you should reread my mail ;-)
>
> And you should probably reread mine, since it seems you
> didn't read it too closely.

I reread it, twice. And my conclusion is I was unclear and you didn't get what
I meant initially. Let me sum it up again:

- all accounts on identity.kde.org can create new scratch pad repos (i.e. with
clones or new repos)
- only dev accounts have commit access to anything but their own scratchpad
repo.

I see how this was not possible (probably?) in SVN, but now with git each
project is it's own repo. Special casing the commit rights to scratch pads
shouldn't be hard (I hope).

> One of the paragraphs included some homework for you if
> you want your proposal to go anywhere.

See above, this is nothing I ever wanted to change. I only speak about
scratchpad (or what was playground).

Hope this makes it clear that most of your email is just not relevant.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de