Use Q_GLOBAL_STATIC where K_GLOBAL_STATIC is not needed?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 20:08:05 GMT 2011

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> It should have been in a qglobalstatic_p.h. We might even do that -- and
> intentionally break applications that are abusing the API.

A quick grep says that would break akonadi, grantlee, qca, phonon, qxt and a
couple of places in KDE that use it already (presumably they don't need the
features of K_GLOBAL_STATIC that you mentioned). If you (re)move it, we'd
all just end up copying the macro into our own codebases, so that wouldn't
achieve much.