A Qt replacement for KGlobal::ref and deref

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:29:47 GMT 2011

Christoph Feck wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 February 2011 21:01:09 Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> KJob would be a Qt only library
>
> ? KJob is not a library, but a class in kdecore.

I should have been more clear I guess. When I wrote kjob there I meant a
library for asynchronous job execution containing kjob, kcompositejob and
perhaps the rest of the contents of kdecore/jobs

> And kdecore only has Qt
> dependencies (the other dependencies, such as libbzip or libxz, are
> entirely optional), so it can be used by Qt applications.

KLocale, KConfig, KStandardDirs, KMimeType and it's associated runtime
services etc etc are also in kdecore. Why should a Qt application wanting to
use kjob have to take all that stuff as well? I'm not sure if you read the
wiki page or the linked mailing list thread in it? You seem to be
challenging the idea that less internal dependencies in kdelibs is a good
thing, but I think that's for a separate thread anyway.