Review Request: New KIO::http_post and KIO::StoredHttpPost APIs that accept a QIODevice as input...

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Feb 4 16:26:32 GMT 2011

Em sexta-feira, 4 de fevereiro de 2011, às 16:52:54, Allan Sandfeld Jensen
escreveu:
> Or to put another way; PUT takes a KUrl to send to and gets the data it
> sends  from a slot. POST is essentially just a PUT with return data, so I
> would find it most natural if POST mirrored PUT in how it sends data just
> like it mirrors GET in how it receives it.

A PUT-from-GET operation is called "copy" and we already have that operation:
KIO::file_copy.

A streaming POST is not a common case, though, because POSTs most often
require a <form>-like transport or, in the case of SOAP, XML.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358