irc meeting for kdelibs git workflow

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Feb 2 20:36:17 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 02 February 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 2, 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > * for any change, create a topic branch from master
> > * work in the branch...
>
> in cmake development, how do developers find each other's branches to check
> on works-in-progress, collaborate, etc?

The group of cmake developers is small. It's about 4 people at Kitware, and
then mostly me and two other guys outside of Kitware who commit C++ sources I
think (but there are more module maintainers).
What we do mostly does not overlap, so e.g. I don't feel the need to check
what e.g. Eric is doing currently.
The cmake git stage is basically for announcing "please merge this next week
into master".
For other things using github or gitorious is recommended.
...and maybe gerrit in the future.
Bigger things which need coordination are discussed on the mailing list first.
Since last year doing a patch release every three months is planned, features
are discussed at the beginning of the period (the last time with an actual
phone conference).

So, not sure there is in this regard much to learn for KDE.

Alex