Initial support for kde_projects.xml in kdesrc-build

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Tue Feb 1 23:31:31 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Michael Jansen <info at michael-jansen.biz> wrote:

>> ahhhh. nope. kwebkitpart only depends on kdelibs! There are no
>> requirements besides that. The previous requirement that you must
>> build kwebkitpart before you compiled the konq-plugins, which have now
>> been moved to kdebase, is now longer valid because of the addition of
>> several Extentsion interfaces to the KParts API. As a result
>> konq-plugins do not have direct dependency on kwebkitpart anymore in
>> KDE >= 4.6...
>
> But that requirement came and went without a great announcement. Previously
> you had to compile kwebkitpart before kdebase so you got the ability to use
> webkit with konqueror.

But that is just it... There never was any requirement of compiling
kwebkitpart before kdebase, ever! I think perhaps you are confusing
konq-plugins with being in kdebase ? But the konq-plugins prior to the
trunk for KDE 4.7 being opened were located in extragear/base and not
kdebase. So I do not know where you got the impression of such
dependency. It did not exist.

The optional dependency that existed was that some of the konq-plugins
linked directly against kwebkitpart if available. As such you needed
to have compiled and installed kwebkitpart to activate support for it
in some of these konq-plugins. And that was the ugly dependency that
was solved by the changes I described in my original response. Anyhow,
I guess this is not really the point of your discussion, but a rather
a bad example you used...