Initial support for kde_projects.xml in kdesrc-build

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Tue Feb 1 22:14:26 GMT 2011

> If you find the place let me know.

No ... only if i am unable to fix it myself :)) .

> > > Do you need that for running ?
> > > For building it's not necessary. Use CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.
> >
> > I always thought that PATH controls which qt version is selected if you
> > have more than one (First qmake found). It was that way some time ago.
> > And QTDIR IS USED in FindQt4.cmake. I don't reevaluate my finding every
> > day so perhaps something changed.
>
> Ok.
> So when an executable is searched, it is searched in a set of default
> directories (as e.g. /usr/bin/) and in PATH. So setting PATH so that it
> points to the qmake you want works.
> CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH is more generic (and didn't exist in cmake 2.4.something).
> So you can set this too to make cmake find the Qt you want (not pointing to
> QTDIR/bin, but just to QTDIR).
> QTDIR is a variable specific to FindQt4.cmake, so it works too.
>
> So all three work, the most generic/powerful one is CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.

Then the 100 points question is:

If all of them point to a directory with a qt installed (three different
versions). Which one wins?

a) CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
b) PATH
c) QTDIR

I remember more than one newbie losing his grip over not beeing able to
convince cmake to pickup the right one.

Can you answer it without looking at the cmake file? I can't.

> > Yes it is. Even acknowledged by a cmake dev. Which doesn't make it
> > magically work though.
>
> That is the lib64 issue you have, right ?
> I remember this one was tricky.

Yes. But there are some executables build and the run during a build that need
to pickup the right libs too. I am not sure all of them are doing it right or
if there is a right way to do it. The one gnome helper i can point you too is
not using cmake.

> > And then there is that funny little gnome helper in okulars build system
> > that totally break without LD_LIBRARY_PATH and sometimes works with
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.

Mike