Initial support for kde_projects.xml in kdesrc-build

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Feb 1 19:35:27 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 01 February 2011, Michael Jansen wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 February 2011 19:53:40 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > >
> > > _very_ cool. will the good news today never end? ;)
> > >
> > > serious question: once this is stabilized, can we make this the default
> > > recommended way of building KDE from git on techbase?
> > >
> > > pros that i can think of:
> > >
> > > * it would mean that we could cannibalize the docs for kdesrc-build for
> > > those pages on techbase
> > > * it would be a lot simpler to document than the current 7 headed hydra
> > > monster pages we have now :)
> >
> > The big thing is getting all the required dependencies built and
> > installed, or do you see other things which are complicated in building
> > KDE modules ?
>
> yes i do.
>
> 1. It is a lot of work. if you work on base and want to run trunk there is
> a myriad of modules to build to get a useful setup.

kdelibs, kdepimlibs, then kdebase.

> 2. environment variables (which and how to setup). Separate build
> environment from distro stuff that could interfere.

CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH for finding stuff, and install your own stuff e.g.
to /opt/mystuff/

Seriously, if that is not enough, what else do you have to do ?
Except your lib64-rpath problem. I remember we discussed about that one. What
was the outcome ? Problem in cmake itself ?

> 3. build order

Isn't that the same as 1. ?

> 4. which branches, version from which repo (only relevant for some modules)

You mean now with git or also with "old" svn ?

Alex