proposal: remove KTextEditor interface from kdelibs repository

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 1 15:43:22 GMT 2011

> erf; two dependencies in kdelibs on KTextEditor. ok, that makes it a no go
> then ... hm.. looking at it, only khtml has a build-time dependency on it.
> if
> the texteditor part isn't available (or the source of the crash even? :)
> what
> does the debugger do at that point?

Pop up an error message and abort execution, as it expects it to be
part of kdelibs.
Which is coincidentally very similar to what KTextEditor tutorials
suggest --- see
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Kate/KTextEditor_Example
(except it needs katepart in specific)

So, as far as I am concerned, this is an incompatible change. (Moving
to kdebase-runtime would be fine, of course).