proposal: remove KTextEditor interface from kdelibs repository

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 1 00:07:54 GMT 2011

On Monday, January 31, 2011, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Monday, January 31, 2011 17:42:56 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > potential caveats are that it makes it harder to build certain KDE apps
> > because now you need not only kdelibs, but kate. this is already true for
> > things that require libs in kde-support, kdepimlibs or kdegraphics,
> > though.
>
> This is more a package management concern, and while I do want to avoid

indeed; i'm hoping one or more of the packagers will chime in at some point.

> The concern that I have, on the other hand, is whether this can be done in
> a source and binary compatible fashion. I just took a look at

yes, it can. and i don't believe anything in kdelibs itself uses it.

> should be fine. It would be interesting to see if the various mobile
> development groups have already done something like this in fact.

they tend to strip out lots of things like this, yes. they also tend to do
things that aren't BC in other libraries in kdelibs to get their size down
further.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se