Review Request: new kded daemon to check .thumbnail directory space usage

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Aug 11 10:49:55 BST 2011

On Thursday 04 August 2011 12:14:44 Christoph Feck wrote:
> * Integration with Nepomuk, so that thumbnails automatically get
> moved/deleted when the original file is.

This can be done independently of nepomuk.
When you move or delete a file using KIO, a dbus signal is emitted (see
KDirNotify).
Well, ok, there is nothing running all the time to listen to that, we could
just handle thumbnails in the kio move/delete jobs directly (e.g. calling a
static method in previewjob.cpp, to keep all the thumbnail-related code
together).