Plan to transition to KDE Frameworks

Scott Kitterman kde at kitterman.com
Mon Aug 8 05:42:50 BST 2011

On Saturday, August 06, 2011 09:32:02 AM David Faure wrote:
..
> The next step is to backport the few bits of new api that went into master
> and that application developers started using, into the 4.7 branch of
> kdelibs. I'll work on that, but help is welcome too.

This plan seems to be contrary to the KDE Point Release Policy [1].  At this
point I don't see an easy way out, but it would be good if a cutoff point for
these additional API changes in 4.7 could be set (perhaps no later than
4.7.1's release).

Scott K

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Minor_Point_Release_Policy