Plan to transition to KDE Frameworks

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Aug 6 15:52:35 BST 2011

On Saturday 06 August 2011 10:10:16 Michael Pyne wrote:
> If you do use prefix just make sure the path is whereever you want kdelibs
> (frameworks branch) to be installed.

Sure; the reason I included the line is to encourage people to install
kdelibs-frameworks in a different prefix than the rest of KDE. Otherwise their
KDE will break at the first BIC change.
And later on when we port things like kde-runtime, we want to be able to point
to a prefix that doesn't have the 'old libs'.

Side note: this is where it shows that it's also useful to have the self-
compiled kdelibs dependencies (soprano, dbusmenu, and so on) in a different
prefix than the rest of KDE (kdesupport_trunk in my example), to be able to use
them for both master and frameworks :-)