Help in modularization

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Apr 30 12:28:09 BST 2011

On Thursday 7 April 2011 22:26:21 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 April 2011, Kevin Ottens wrote:
>
> > [*] I wish we had a CI system in place...
>
> We have it basically ... almost.
> We have projects setup on my.cdash.org for all KDE modules, and everybody
> can contribute nightly builds there.
> The scripts are in svn quality/nightly-support/.
> I'd be more than happy to help with setting it up.
> It also needs some git updating I think.
> And probably some work on cdash:
> * viewing all builds submitted by a host (-> in cdash)
> * more fine-grained control over email notifications, by using cdash
> subprojects ( -> in cmake/ctest)
>
> If you are interested, I'll do my best and help getting you going.

Well, the crux of the issue is that we need servers actually regularly doing
the builds. People contributing builds is what we hoped would happen for a
long time now, but AFAIK it never grew out of a couple of people doing it
randomly. We likely need something more systematic and predictible... which is
probably using a server for that.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net