Chinese Lunar Calendar Support in Kdelibs

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 27 23:05:28 BST 2011

On Wednesday 27 Apr 2011 21:27:37 Liang Qi wrote:
> Hi, John and Feng Huang,
>
> It's glad to see the interests on this "old" topic.
>
> Sorry, I forgot to update the info about relicense of ccal(at least
> part for chinese calendar date calculate). My change is in
> http://code.google.com/p/kcalendar/source/browse/trunk/README
>
> Yes, I also updated the link for ccal in it.
>
> But that is not a big issue, at least I think at that time. All my
> code should be redesign or rewrite in a good way, but I am not expert
> on it.
>
> Best Regards,
> Liang

Even better news is we have a Google Sumemr of Code student who will be
working on adding astronomical calendars to KDE, including the Chinese. We'll
probably use the kcalendar code as a base reference but with clean new code to
avoid any license problems and fit in KDE better.

Thanks for your efforts so far, they won't go to waste, and soon you will have
a Chinese Calendar to use.

Cheers!

John.