Deploying new kdelibs classes

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Sat Apr 23 22:22:34 BST 2011

Aurélien, I am writing regarding
http://agateau.wordpress.com/2011/04/21/kde-ux-2011/
One thing, about deploying the kmessagewidget (and similar things) in
kdelibs. If it's part of kdelibs 4.7 or something, apps that support
kdelibs < 4.7 would have to fork it (unless distro backports given
classes to previous kdelibs but this it very bad idea and technically
and coordination-wise). How to solve that? I am
thinking about releasing additions to kdelibs as separate libraries
like kdelibs47.so etc. and then merging only in 5.0.

Perhaps there's already solution I am not aware of.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek