Review Request: Using KWallet to store Cookies

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Tue Apr 19 12:40:39 BST 2011

Am Freitag, 21. Januar 2011 schrieb José Millán Soto:
> Currently cookies are stored in a plain text file. This patch allows
> KCookieJar to store the cookies securely using KWallet.
>
> The main problem I had writing this patch was that when a web page is
> requested, KIO ask for the cookies to kded using dbus. In the first
> implementations that I wrote, if the user took too long to open the
> wallet, KIO received a dbus timeout.
>
> To prevent this, if it takes more than 10 seconds to open the wallet, the
> web page will be requested without sending the cookies (or sending the
> available cookies if there's still the plain text cookie file). If the
> wallet is opened after that, the cookies stored in the wallet will be
> available since then.
>
> Because of this, the feature is disabled by default.

Is this feature going to stay disabled by default?

I'm asking for two reasons.
1. My partition is already encrypted. I don't need double encryption.
2. I'd really hate it if the KWallet password dialog pops up by simply
browsing (while not logging on and not completing forms) as virtually any page
uses cookies.

mfg
	Leo