Review Request: GUI configuration for the 'Do Not Track' feature...

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Thu Apr 14 18:03:19 BST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Maksim Orlovich <mo85 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Very cool. But re: original change. Are you sure we want to be sending
> the opt-in header by default?

No. We are sending the opt-out header by default. The "DNT: 1" which
will be sent, when the "DoNotTrack" is set to "true" (the default),
tells websites which support this functionality not to track you.

(Also, does KProtocolManager copy
> kioslaverc into the metadata or something, or will that need a
> separate change?).

No additional change is required. KIO::Scheduler automatically reads
the settings in kioslaverc, in addition to kio_<protocol>rc and makes
it available to each ioslave in form of a meta-data. See the config()
functions in slavebase.cpp and

> Can't really review this right now, but one thing
> that I noticed: // Read the configuration from konquerorrc
> might be clearer to add "with khtmlrc as fallback" to the comment.

True, done...